OR Closure Contingency Plan Outline – February 14 – 21, 2018
(Moose Factory) Starting Wednesday February 14, 2018 at 12:00 pm (noon) WAHA would like to inform the public that there will be no anesthesia coverage at Weeneebayko General Hospital (WGH) until February 21, 2018 12:00 pm (noon). As a result of this, WAHA OR services will be closed during this period.
During this time, we are taking the opportunity to complete urgent OR repairs that have been caused by pipe leakages in the storage areas of the Surgical Suite. Please consult the plan below for more information on cases that need urgent attention.
- Non-urgent surgical procedures will not be booked for these dates
- A Surgeon will remain on site for consults
- Patients that present to the Emergency room will be assessed by the WAHA Emergency team and surgical consults will continue as normal. The medical team will determine if the patient requires transfer out for surgery and together will make arrangements for transfer to the most appropriate external facility
- All prenatal patients in each community that are 38-40 weeks gestation will have to be transferred to Timmins for confinement. WAHA is unable to complete Emergency C-sections without anesthesia services so these transfers are required to ensure the safest plan for both Mom and infant.
- The prenatal team has been working closely with the Timmins and District Hospital for the past 2 weeks developing a plan for each individual client who falls within this delivery period.
For more information on WAHA services, please visit www.waha.ca