COVID-19 Community Update # 4
The first case of COVID-19 in northern Ontario has been confirmed. At this time there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our region (James Bay and Hudson Bay region).
The person was diagnosed in Sudbury after attending the Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) 2020 Convention in Toronto on March 2 & 3, 2020.
As precautionary measure, anyone who attended PDAC 2020 should monitor their health for fever, cough and difficulty breathing for the next 14 days.
If flu or cold-like symptoms develop within 14 days, self-isolate yourself as quickly as possible and call your local health centre to make arrangements to be tested.
We will be sharing updates, and tips here and on our Facebook page.
Contact information for local health centres during regular business hours:
- Moosonee call the Porcupine Health Unit at 705-336-2294
- Moose Factory call the Moose Factory Health Centre at 705-658-4220
- Fort Albany call Peetabeck Health Services at 705-278-1131
- Kashechewan Health Services at 705-275-4470/4474
- Attawapiskat Health Services at 705-997-2149
- Peawanuck call Weenusk Health Services at 705-473-2525
On weekends and after hours call:
- Toll-free: 1-866-797-0000
- Toll-free TTY: 1-866-797-0007
Public Health Ontario has useful tip sheets on how to self-monitor, self-isolate if necessary and a self-isolation guide for caregivers and people living with someone who is self-isolating.