COVID-19 Update: Visitors Restricted
Due to the recent case confirmed on Moose Factory Island, the Weeeneebayko Area Health Authortiy (WAHA) has cancelled visitation hours for the next two weeks. The case confirmed was based on the announcement made by Chief Mervin Cheechoo and and Deputy Chief Earl Cheechoo on Saturday, September 12th, 2020.
Please continue to practice public safety standards conducted by WAHA and the Porcupine Health Unit:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Stay home and isolate for 14 days if you have any symptoms.
- Practice 2 m physical distancing (the distance of a moose)
- Wear a mask in indoor public spaces and outdoors when physical distancing if 2 metres/6 feet cannot be maintained.