COVID-19: Moose Factory and Moose Cree institutes curfew
Chief & Council are enacting the following bylaw for the protection of public health and safety on Moose Factory Island:
Emergency Preventative Measures
1. A mandatory 9:00 pm to 6:00 am curfew for all residents of Moose Factory shall go into effect starting on September 18, 2020. Exemptions will be made only for those attending work.
2. Remain in your own home. Do not visit any other household, including those of relatives.
3. No person living in Moose Factory Island shall gather with anyone that is not a member of their household, including relatives.
4. No person in Moose Factory Island shall come within two metres of any other person that does not live in their household.
5. The wearing of masks that covers the mouth and nose is now mandatory in Moose Factory Island in all public spaces.
6. Any person with any symptoms of COVID-19 must self-isolate and call the Moose Factory Health Centre at 705.658.4220 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
7. No resident of Moose Factory Island shall leave his or her residence except where reasonably necessary for work, exercise, grocery shopping, or obtaining medical services or other essential supplies.
8. Upon arrival in Moose Factory Island, residents and non-residents of Moose Factory Island shall report to screening checkpoints in Moose Factory Island and contact Moose Factory Public Health at 705.658.4220.
9. Non-residents of Moose Factory Island that travel to Moose Factory Island shall quarantine for fourteen (14) days upon arrival in Moose Factory, with the exception of residents of Moosonee, Ontario.
10. For those that develop symptoms within their 14-day quarantine, an appointment must be made with the Moose Factory Health Centre for a Covid-19 test.
11. Residents of Moose Factory Island that travel away from the community, beyond Moosonee, Ontario, must quarantine for fourteen (14) days upon returning to Moose Factory Island.
12. Those residents of Moose Factory Island engaged in traditional harvesting accessed by boat or helicopter are exempted from quarantining upon return to Moose Factory Island, unless symptoms have developed upon return.
13. Non-residents of Moose Factory Island that must travel to Moose Factory Island to perform an essential service will be permitted to do so only with the permission of the Moose Factory Pandemic Emergency Operations Team.
This bylaw will remain in force until October 5, 2020 unless that time period is extended or abridged by resolution of Council.
Click here to view the bylaw established by Moose Cree First Nations.
For more information on the bi-laws taking place, please visit Moose Cree First Nations for more details.