WAHA Launches New Electronic Patient Incident Management System
The Quality Department at the Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) launched a new software tool known as the Harris Emerald Incident Management System (EIMS) on September 14th, 2020.
It is a system that reports, resolves and prevents patient and organizational incident events.
According to the Quality Department, “Implementing this system, is a milestone achievement by WAHA in meeting its accreditation goals. ”
Its key benefits include:
- Improved Patient Safety
- Standardized data entry
- Easy, accurate and complete data collection
- Improved data quality
- Robust tracking mechanism which includes Managers’ Dashboard Reports
- Report transmitted in real-time to the Quality Team and Management Team for validation
- Custom reports using multiple formats (PDF, CVS, Excel, etc.)
- Quick response time
- World Health Organization (WHO) standards
- Health Canada reporting standards
Incident reports available include Clinical, Non-Clinical, Medication, Compliment, Complaint and Concern, and Patient Satisfaction. Notifications will also be automatically generated by the system to managers for their review and to the Quality Department to meet the specified turn around time.
It will ultimately improve WAHA’s efficiency in the workplace. There will be live training, education, dates and listings on SharePoint coming soon.