Government of Ontario Declares State of Emergency and Announces Provincewide Shutdown.
Note: Where your local community bylaws and the provincial restrictions differ, follow the more restrictive advice.
The province of Ontario has declared a Second Provincial State of Emergency effective Tuesday, January 16, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.
- The government has issued a stay-at-home order requiring everyone to stay home with the exception of going out for essential purposes.
- Outdoor organized public gatherings and social gatherings are restricted to a limit of 5 people.
- Individuals are required to wear a mask or face covering in the indoor areas of business that are open.
- Wearing a mask outdoors is recommended when you can’t physically distance.
- All non-essential retail stores including hardware stores, alcohol retailers, and those offering curbside pick up and delivery, must open no earlier than 7 a.m. and close no later than 8 p.m.
For more information about the Provincial State of Emergency and stay-at-
home order , please to one of the links below.