2018-122 Clinical Assistant/File Clerk – Attawapiskat
Site: Attawapiskat Hospital
Division: Patient Care
Reports to: Director of Patient Care
The Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is seeking a qualified professional to fill the key role of Clinical Assistant File Clerk.
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is the leading health care provider on the western James Bay coast. WAHA comprises of hospitals in Moose Factory, Fort Albany, and Attawapiskat, with a Health Centre in Moosonee. WAHA also provides regional outpatient programs, as well as Paramedicine services in Moose Factory, Moosonee, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Attawapiskat, and Peawanuck. The span of services, complexity of care needs in the region, and the depth of health integration has made WAHA a leader and a model of health care services in Northern Ontario. WAHA consists of 450 employees, a Physician team, many students, as well as community stakeholders. It is affiliated with Queens University and offers many educational opportunities for current and prospective team members.
Position Profile Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Motivated to support all members of the department
- Dedicated professional who adheres to deadlines
- Organized with strong time management skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Greet and welcomes clients and directs them to appropriate person/office• Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Patient Registration, collects and maintains patient index and records
- Communicate and develop a strong relationship with the team members.
- Maintain professionalism and attend training to remain current in the role and field
Qualifications & Experience:
- Successful completion of Secondary school or equivalent
- Relevant experience in clerical administration supports
- Effective communication skills – verbal and written
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience working in a health care setting is considered an asset
How to apply:
The successful candidate must provide a valid Criminal Record Check within a specified time frame. Please apply in writing, providing three recent work references, quoting Competition #2018-122 by no later than 12 o’clock noon on Tuesday, November 27, 2018 to:
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
P.O. Box 664
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
- Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-4917
- For more information contact the HR team by email above
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority is an inclusive employer. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Weeneebayko Area Health Authority thanks all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.