2018-123 VP of Organizational Development & Chief Human Resources Officer – Moose Factory
Site: Weeneebayko General Hospital
Division: Executive Team
Reports to: President & Chief Executive Officer
Status: Term (2 year term)
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is now accepting applications for an experienced leader to join our team as VP of Organizational Development & Chief Human Resources Officer reporting to the CEO, you will lead the HR team in executing the HR strategy while overseeing talent acquisition, labour relations, occupational health and safety, as well as employee engagement initiatives. You will also be an active member of the Executive Team, where you will contribute to the overall leadership and provide direction for the operations of the organization.
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is the leading health care provider on the western James and Hudson Bay coast. WAHA comprises of hospitals in Moose Factory, Fort Albany, and Attawapiskat, with a Health Centre in Moosonee. WAHA also provides regional outpatient programs, as well as paramedic services, in Moose Factory, Moosonee, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Attawapiskat, and Peawanuck. The span of services, complexity of care needs in the region, and the depth of health integration has made WAHA a leader and a model of health care services in Northern Ontario. WAHA consists of 450 employees, a Physician team, many students, as well as the involvement of vibrant First Nation communities within the region. It is affiliated with Queens University and offers many educational opportunities for current and prospective team members.
Position Profile Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of patient care issues as it applies to human resources needs with an ability to work independently
- Excellent written, oral, and electronic communication skills
- Ensures that appropriate organizational development and change management strategies are in place to support the development of CGMH staff.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work within a team including experience in providing mentorship
- Strong interpersonal skills and a strong understanding of customer relations.
- Experience interacting and presenting to senior management and Board Committees.
- Knowledge of Indigenous health issues and the geographic region of the James and Hudson Bay Coast
- Maintain the balance between employee and employer needs through coordination of the development of efficient, cost effective programs, policies and procedures that contribute to organizational growth and employee satisfaction
- Competently review and consult on management practices, ensuring fair and consistent treatment and that all legislation and internal policies and procedures are adhered to
- Oversee thorough and effective employee reviews, and exit interviews
- Management of the HR and Occupational Health and Safety teams
- Is a member of the leadership team and works collaboratively with other team members to build a culture and environment that will deliver the organization’s priorities and strategic directions
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Labour Relations, or another field is required
- Certified Human Resources Leader designation with the HRPA is required
- Master’s degree or willingness to obtain is preferred
- Experience working in a unionized setting and understanding of contract negotiations is required
- Experience with HR statistics, software, and Meditech is considered an asset
- Experience working in a healthcare setting or a related public sector service
- Indigenous applicants, particularly those who are from the Mushkegowuk Territory and can speak Cree are encouraged to apply
- Defined contribution pension plan (HOOPP) as well as health and welfare benefits
- Housing unit provided by the organization
- Retention and travel benefits
- Relocation supports
- Working for an organization currently undergoing development and transformation
How to apply:
Please apply in writing, providing three recent work references, quoting Competition #2018-123 to:
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
P.O. Box 664
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
- This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired• Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 705-658-4917
- For more information contact the HR team by email above
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority is an inclusive employer. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.