2018-124 Vice President of Clinical Services & Chief Nursing Executive – Moose Factory
Division: Executive Office
Site: Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
Reports to: President & Chief Executive Officer
Status: Term (2 year term)
The Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is seeking an experienced leader to fill the key role of VP of Patient Care & Chief Nursing Officer reporting to the President & C.E.O, you will be an active member of the Executive Leadership Team. The CNO is ultimately responsible and accountable for all core programs and services within the assigned portfolio including: one regional hospital; community hospitals in Fort Albany and Attawapiskat as well as a Health Centre in Moosonee; regional laboratory, diagnostic imaging, dialysis unit, community mental health program and pharmacy. This position also has responsibility and accountability for professional nursing practice.
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is the leading health care provider on the western James and Hudson Bay coast. WAHA comprises of hospitals in Moose Factory, Fort Albany, and Attawapiskat, with a Health Centre in Moosonee. WAHA also provides regional outpatient programs, as well as paramedic services, in Moose Factory, Moosonee, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Attawapiskat, and Peawanuck. The span of services, complexity of care needs in the region, and the depth of health integration has made WAHA a leader and a model of health care services in Northern Ontario. WAHA consists of 450 employees, a Physician team, many students, as well as the involvement of vibrant First Nation communities within the region. It is affiliated with Queens University and offers many educational opportunities for current and prospective team members.
Position Profile Requirements
- Experienced leader who can lead, work within, and motivate a team
- Demonstrated critical thinker with ability to think analytically
- Strong ability to identify, create, and implement operational efficiencies
- Proven professional experience who has strong knowledge of nursing practice
- Strong knowledge of First Nations health care and the Western James Bay Coast
- In coordination with the Regional teams, provide evaluation, review, and recommendations for optimization of services and programs, and oversight of safe patient care at all facilities.
- In coordination with the corporate directives, provides supervision and guidance to Regional Management Team.
- Creates and implements standard of care to hospital plans, policies and equipment for providing safe care, treatment, and services to our patients that we serve
- Responsible for Clinical Services programs at all sites
- Active member of the Executive Leadership Team with a goal of aligning your division with organizational mission, vision, and objectives
- Motivate Patient Care teams across the organization to foster a high performance workplace culture
- Collaborates with corporate and facility leaders to develop, implement, and optimize patient services and programs while providing oversight of Divisional and Regional programs and initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required
- Master’s degree or willingness to obtain
- Ten years’ of progressive management experience Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Exceptional leadership and managerial skills
- Experience in a healthcare or unionized workplace is considered an asset
- Experience working with and in remote access First Nation communities is a strong asset
- Knowledge of federal and provincial health care systems for First Nations is a strong asset
- Indigenous applicants, particularly those who are from the Mushkegowuk Territory and can speak Cree are encouraged to apply.
- Defined contribution pension plan (HOOPP) as well as health and welfare benefits
- Housing unit provided by the organization
- Retention and travel benefits
- Relocation supports
- Working for an organization currently undergoing development and transformation How to apply:
Please apply in writing, providing three recent work references, quoting Competition #2018-124 to:
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
P.O. Box 664
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
- This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired
- Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-4917
- For more information contact the HR team by email above
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted Weeneebayko Area Health Authority is an inclusive employer. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.