2018-142 Unit Clerk – Moose Factory
Site: Weeneebayko General Hospital – Family Medicine Clinic
Division: Patient Care
Reports to: Clinical Manager
Status: Permanent Part-Time
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is seeking an experience candidate to fill the key role of Unit Clerk in the Family Medicine Clinic.
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is the leading health care provider on the western James Bay coast. WAHA comprises of hospitals in Moose Factory, Fort Albany, and Attawapiskat, with a Health Centre in Moosonee. WAHA also provides regional outpatient programs, as well as Paramedicine services in Moose Factory, Moosonee, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Attawapiskat, and Peawanuck. The span of services, complexity of care needs in the region, and the depth of health integration has made WAHA a leader and a model of health care services in Northern Ontario. WAHA consists of 450 employees, a Physician team, many students, as well as community stakeholders. It is affiliated with Queens University and offers many educational opportunities for current and prospective team members.
- Successful completion of secondary school or work related equivalency
- Preferred 2-year diploma in Administration Assistant or Business Administration
- Certificate in Medical Terminology
- Training and experience working with computers, general office and reception duties
- Requires annual mandatory certificates in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Save your Back, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Hand Washing and Non Violent Crisis Prevention
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- English is essential for this position
- Ability to communicate in the local native Cree language is an asset
How to apply:
The successful candidate must provide a valid Criminal Record Check within a specified time frame. Please apply in writing, providing three recent work references, quoting Competition #2018-142 by 12:00 noon on December 27, 2018 to:
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
P.O. Box 664
Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
- Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-4917
- For more information contact the Human Resources team by email above
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority is an inclusive employer. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.