2019-037 Inpatient Charge Nurse – Moose Factory
Site: Weeneebayko General Hospital
Division: Patient Care
Reports to: Clinical Manager
Status: Permanent full-time
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Inpatient Charge Nurse. This position will be filled upon a rotational basis under the supervision of the Manager – Inpatient Services; you will provide a shared leadership role for nursing staff by assisting with the Inpatient Charge Nurse, administration and supervision of staff.
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority (WAHA) is the leading health care provider on the western James Bay coast. WAHA comprises of hospitals in Moose Factory, Fort Albany, and Attawapiskat, with a Health Centre in Moosonee. WAHA also provides regional outpatient programs, as well as Paramedicine services in Moose Factory, Moosonee, Fort Albany, Kashechewan, Attawapiskat, and Peawanuck. The span of services, complexity of care needs in the region, and the depth of health integration has made WAHA a leader and a model of health care services in Northern Ontario. WAHA consists of 450 employees, a Physician team, many students, as well as community stakeholders. It is affiliated with Queens University and offers many educational opportunities for current and prospective team members.
Position Profile Requirements:
- Experienced registered nurse with 2 years’ experience in acute care.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multidisciplinary team, while supporting each member in their roles
- Supervision experience preferred
- Sharing Related duties with another Inpatient Charge Nurse
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Deep knowledge of nursing role and enhanced scope
- Ability to develop strategic partnerships with colleagues in order to enhance patient care services
- Key Responsibilities:
- Provide professional nursing care to clients
- Assume a leadership role by professional example, demonstrate competent standards of practice and judgment and provide guidance.
- Plan, carry out, and evaluate nursing care
- Cooperate in the administration of preventative, diagnostic, and therapeutic care
- Exercise judgement in meeting patient needs
- Diploma in Nursing required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Registered with College of Nurses of Ontario and in good standing
- Certification in BLS and ACLS
- Certification in PALS, AED, NRP,TNCC is an asset
- Certification in Added Nursing Skills or willingness to obtain within a prescribed period required
- Defined contribution pension plan (HOOPP) and health and welfare benefits
- Retention, travel and Northern allowance benefits
- Subsidized housing
- Relocation allowance
- Working for an organization currently undergoing development and transformation
- Being part of a strong and cohesive multidisciplinary team
How to apply:
The successful candidate must provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screen Check within a specified time frame. Please apply in writing, providing three recent work references, quoting Competition #2019-037 by no later than March 4th, 2019 @ 12:00 noon to:
Human Resources – Weeneebayko Area Health Authority
P.O. Box 664 – Moose Factory, ON P0L 1W0
- Resumes can be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 705-658-4917
- For more information contact the HR team by email above
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Weeneebayko Area Health Authority is an inclusive employer. Accommodations are available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.