WAHA Dental Services is committed to providing friendly and exceptional dental care for all clients in the WAHA region.
WAHA’s Dental Services provide a full range of dental treatment such as: hygiene (cleaning), fillings, root canals, prostho (dentures, hockey mouthguards, night guards), perio surgery (gum surgery), extraction (tooth removal), as well as preventative tips for keeping teeth and gums healthy.
For patients who have dental anxiety, the clinic can offer conscious sedation (nitrous gas) to minimize a patient’s anxiety and make as comfortable as possible during treatment.
WAHA’s Dental Services works closely with other WAHA departments.
For more information about all WAHA dental clinics, or to book an appointment, contact:
- Moose Factory Dental Clinic at Weeneebayko General Hospital: (705) 658-4544 ext. 2207
- Moosonee Dental Clinic (downstairs in the Moosonee Office Building on Main St.): (705) 336-6478
- Peawanuck Dental Clinic at the Peawanuck Nursing Station: (705) 473-2525
- Attawapiskat Dental Clinic at the Attawapiskat Hospital Site: (705) 997-2149
- Fort Albany Dental Clinic at the Peetabeck Health Centre: (705) 278-1131
- Kashechewan Dental Clinic at the Kashechewan Nursing Station: (705) 275-4444
Hours of operation:
- Moose Factory and Moosonee: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Peawanuck, Fort Albany and Kashechewan: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
- Attawapiskat: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 4:30 pm
WAHA’s Dental Services are affiliated with the University of Toronto, University of Western Ontario and Mount Sinai hospital to ensure the best care for clients.
Coverage for dental fees
First Nations people with a 10-digit band number will have their dental services covered by the Non-Insured Health Benefits department (NIHB), except the laboratory fee for crowns (caps).
A new set of complete or partial dentures are covered under NIHB every eight years.